Quote

Your smile ignites a million suns.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Voting

Its the eve of Nov. 2nd. Voting day. I cannot wait for the day to pass. I'm so tired of watching all the ads. Between Meg Whitman and Jerry Brown, I don't even know who to vote for anymore. Neither of them seem appealing at all. Though I am going to cast my vote for Meg Whitman (lesser of 2 evils sort of deal).

Also, for the judicial seats, I don't even know what to vote for. They are "yes" "no" questions. I don't know anything about any of them so I voted "yes" on all of them because I have not heard any complaints. In addition, how much of an impact do these local government authorities make. Does it even matter who gets elected? None of them stand out and they all seem to have the same goal in mind (which is good) but I just don't know which one to pick.

What the heck are Prop 20 and 27 about? I know they are related, but I don't fully understand what its trying to accomplish.

As for Prop 19 (legalizing marijuana), I'm going to vote "no" on it because I don't think the state should condone drug use. I've heard all the excuses for using MJ for pain, but legalizing it makes it that much easier for kids to obtain and no longer holds the taboo that it does today. I'm going to guess that 80% of people who use it do it for 'recreational purposes' i.e. to get high. That is not something I approve of.

Anyways, off to vote tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment